GREELEY, Colo. — The Northern Arizona Women's Tennis team traveled to Greeley to take on Northern Colorado in their fourth conference match of the season. The Lumberjacks won 6-1 on the road and increase to 9-2 overall, while remaining undefeated in conference. The 'Jacks will continue the weekend on the road against the University of Wyoming.
"It was a tough match against a very determined Colorado team," Director of Tennis Ki Kroll said.
NAU pair Blanka Szavay and Chiara Tomasetti started doubles off with a 6-0 win for the Lumberjacks on court one. Then senior pair Hailey Rochin and Marta Lewandowska clinched the doubles point on court three over UNC's Ella Mora and Courtney Schulte with a 6-4 finish. These two doubles pairs are dominating on the court for the Lumberjacks winning 12 out of 20 of NAU's overall doubles wins.
"We need to keep our momentum up, stay focused and compete hard every time we step on the court," said Kroll.
The 'Jacks went into singles up 1-0 over the Bears and looking to carry that energy throughout the entire match. The Lumberjacks continued to dominate, winning the next five before dropping the Bear's lone singles match win on court four. Northern Arizona garnered their ninth win at a 4-0 score before winning the next two with an overall 6-1 result.
The Lumberjacks will be back in action Saturday, March 18 at 9 a.m. to take on the University of Wyoming Cowgirls. The last time these two teams competed against each other, the Lumberjacks pulled off a close 4-3 victory.
- Chiara Tomasetti/Blanka Szavay (NAU) def. Beth Coton/Remi Immler (UNC) 6-0
- Brandy Walker/Hanneke Lodewijks (NAU) vs. Marissa Baca/Anna Battersby (UNC) DNF
- Hailey Rochin/Marta Lewandowska (NAU) def. Ella Mora/Courtney Schulte (UNC) 6-4
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2
- Hanneke Lodewijks (NAU) def. Anna Battersby (UNC) 6-1, 1-6, (10-3)
- Chiara Tomasetti (NAU) def. Beth Coton (UNC) 6-3, 7-5
- Blanka Szavay (NAU) def. Marissa Baca (UNC) 6-1, 6-0
- Courtney Schulte (UNC) def. Brandy Walker (NAU) 6-4, 6-3
- Marta Lewandowska (NAU) def. Ella Mora (UNC) 6-4, 6-4, (10-4)
- Eirene Granville (NAU) def. Lily-Ana Kreutzer (UNC) 6-0, 6-2
Order of Finish: 3, 6, 5*, 1, 2, 4