Lumberjacks Fall to Ducks 4-1 in Tempe
TEMPE, Ariz. – The Northern Arizona women's tennis team traveled to Tempe for its last match this season at the Whiteman Tennis Center as they faced Oregon. The Ducks were able to come away with the doubles point and the Lumberjacks fell to Oregon 4-1.
"It was a great opportunity to play against a PAC-12 team," said head coach Kim Bruno. "We were able to play Oregon at a low altitude and even though we did not win, I believe we are getting better."
The Lumberjacks dropped the doubles point losing two of three matches. Oregon won the the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles matches and since the Ducks had already clinched the doubles point, the teams did not finish the No. 1 match.
The Ducks were able to win four singles matches with none of the matches going to a third set.
The Lumberjacks lone win came at the No. 6 position from Tatum Rochin as she was able to take down Kadie Hueffner 6-2, 6-1.
Northern Arizona's closet shot at winning a second singles match was from Hailey Rochin at the No. 4 position. Rochin took the first set 6-3 and was up 5-4 but the match went unfinished since Oregon had already clinched the match.
The Lumberjacks will now head back to Flagstaff for a matchup against Idaho on Sunday, March 30 at Continental Country Club.
- Nicole Long/Jasmine Minor (UO) & Emelia Box/Hailey Rochin (NAU) 5-3 DNF
- Lina Akesson/Marlou Kluiving (UO) def. Johanna Vang/Sarah Maria Spruch (NAU) 8-2
- Sofia Hager/Allie Hueffner (UO) def. Tatum Rochin/Jordan Denesik (NAU) 8-3
- Nicole Long (UO) def. Johanna Vang (NAU) 6-3, 6-4
- Jasmine Minor (UO) & Emelia Box (NAU) 6-3, 4-4 DNF
- Sofia Hager (UO) def. Jordan Denesik (NAU) 6-3, 6-2
- Hailey Rochin (NAU) & Allie Hueffner (UO 6-3, 5-4 DNF
- Lina Akesson (UO) def. Sarah Maria Spruch (NAU) 6-2, 6-2
- Tatum Rochin (NAU) def. Kadie Hueffner (UO) 6-2, 6-1