FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona men's basketball embarks on its final road trip of the regular season with games at Sacramento State on Thursday and Portland State on Saturday. Both games are scheduled to tip off at 8 p.m. MST.
Both games this week can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 105.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman and Dave Brown on the call. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game can be viewed online at WatchBigSky.com.
• Northern Arizona continues its three-game road swing with stops at Sacramento State and Portland State. NAU split the series earlier this season at home falling to Sacramento State, 74-62, and then topping Portland State, 83-76 two days later.
• Senior forward Jordyn Martin has been playing like an all-conference honoree these past few weeks. Martin leads NAU with 13.0 points per game and is the league's top rebounder at 8.8 boards per outing.
• Last time out, Martin had a double-double of 14 points and 16 boards versus the Hornets. Mike Green led NAU with 26 points and nine rebounds in the win over the Vikings.
• NAU is 13-10 all-time against Sacramento State on the road. The 'Jacks last beat the Hornets in The Nest 78-73 in the second round of the 2015 CIT.
• NAU is 6-16 all-time versus the Vikings in Portland. The last NAU win in Portland was a 73-60 victory in 2015.
Scouting Sacramento State
• Sacramento State (10-15, 7-7 BSC) slipped up on the road at Montana State last time out, 62-59. The Hornets prior to the loss were on a three-game winning streak. Sacramento State is 7-3 at home and 4-3 in conference play in The Nest. The Hornets are averaging 70.6 points per game compared to its opponents' 74.6 average.
• Justin Strings leads the Hornets with 16.1 points and 5.9 rebounds per game. Nick Hornsby, the team's leading rebounder at 8.0 is also averaging 10.4 points per outing.
• The last time NAU and Sacramento State played on Jan. 14, the Hornets came away with the 74-62 victory. Strings led Sacramento State with 21 points, while Hornsby had a double-double of 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Up Next - Portland State
• The Lumberjacks play at Portland State (12-13, 5-9 BSC). NAU beat Portland State, 83-76, on Jan. 16 at home. It was the first conference home win of the season for NAU, as it sparked a four-game home winning streak. De'Sean Parsons leads Portland State with 15.3 points per game. The Vikings are on a three-game losing streak with its last home win coming on Feb. 9 against Idaho State, 74-69.