FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – The Northern Arizona men's basketball program will face both ends of the spectrum this week on the road. The Lumberjacks will start out at last place Idaho State at Reed Gym on Thursday night (7 p.m. MST), before playing first place foes Weber State on Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Dee Events Center.
Both games can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman on the call. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game can be watched online at WatchBigSky.com.
• The Lumberjacks enter this week on a two-game win streak after sweeping the Northern Colorado-North Dakota home series last week.
• Sophomore forward Isaiah Thomas became the fourth Lumberjack this season to register a double-double when he tallied 10 points and 11 rebounds in the win over North Dakota on Jan. 28.
• Four Lumberjacks scored in double figures on Jan. 28 to knock off North Dakota at home.
• This week marks the first meetings this season for NAU versus Idaho State and Weber State.
Scouting Idaho State
• Idaho State is struggling this season as it sits in last place in the Big Sky with a league record of 1-7. The Bengals are on a three-game losing streak. Its lone Big Sky win of the season is a 73-69 won over Northern Colorado on Jan. 19. Prior to that, the Bengals had lost seven straight games.
• The Bengals are being led by Preseason All-Big Sky honoree Ethan Telfair. He ranks 10th in the league in scoring (17.1 ppg) and third in assists (4.9).
• NAU and the Bengals split the series last season with each team winning on its home court.
• The Lumberjacks are 46-52 against Idaho State with the Bengals holding a 35-13 edge in games in Pocatello. NAU last defeated ISU in 2016 at home, 81-68.
• The Lumberjacks travel to first place Weber State (Feb. 4) next for their first contest of the season against the Wildcats (12-7, 7-1 BSC). Guard Jeremy Senglin is third in the Big Sky in scoring with 20.4 ppg.
• NAU is 27-75 all-time against Weber State. The Wildcats have won the last two meetings and lead the series, 43-7 in Ogden. NAU last won in Ogden in 2015.