FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona has a chance to get back at Northern Colorado and North Dakota this week, as both teams topped the Lumberjacks earlier this season. NAU and Northern Colorado will play Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at the Walkup Skydome. The Lumberjacks host the Fighting Hawks on Saturday at 2 p.m. on Lumberjack Spirit Day.
Both games this week can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman and Dave Brown on the call. Saturday, Strohman will be joined by NAU Hall of Famer Dan McClintock. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game can be viewed online at WatchBigSky.com. Thursday and Saturday's game will be aired on FOX Sports Arizona and FOX College Sports Pacific.
• Senior forward Ako Kaluna joined the 1,000-Point Club on Jan. 21 against Idaho. Kaluna is the 29th Lumberjack to achieve the honor.
• Last time out versus Northern Colorado, Mike Green netted a career-high 31 points, including six made 3-pointers. NAU shot 42.4 percent from the floor, 85.7 percent from the charity stripe and made 11 3-pointers.
• NAU is 10-16 all-time versus Northern Colorado. The' Jacks hold a 7-4 edge in games played in Flagstaff. NAU last beat the Bears in the first round of the 2015 Big Sky Tourney.
• The Lumberjacks are 3-5 against North Dakota with the Fighting Hawks holding a 1-3 edge in games in Flagstaff. NAU last defeated UND in 2015 on the road, 85-75.
Scouting Northern Colorado
• Northern Colorado (7-12, 3-5 BSC) has dropped its last four games after opening league play with a 2-0 start. The Bears topped NAU, 83-79, on Jan. 5 slipping away in the final minutes. DJ Miles had 36 points (11-for-18 FG and 10-for-17 3-PT FG) to lead all scorers, while Jordan Davis netted 17.
• Jordan Davis is fourth in the Big Sky in scoring at 19.9 ppg. He's seventh in scoring in Big Sky games (19.9). Davis has dished out the ball 103 times and has collected 91 boards and 20 steals.
• The Bears rank eighth in the league in scoring offense at 71.1 points per game. UNC is allowing an average of 73.8 points per game. The Bears are 2-2 on the road in Big Sky games.
Up Next – North Dakota
• The Lumberjacks face North Dakota on Saturday, Jan. 28. NAU fell at North Dakota by five points in early January, 68-63. The Fighting Hawks are on a two-game win streak and are 6-2 in league play. Big Sky Preseason Player of the Year - Quinton Hooker - leads UND with 18.2 ppg.