FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – The Northern Arizona men's basketball team looks to pick up its second straight win this week when it heads to Eastern Washington (Jan. 19) and Idaho (Jan. 20). Tip-off at Reese Court in Cheney is set for 6 p.m. PT/7 p.m. MT. Tip-off versus the Vandals at the Cowan Spectrum is scheduled for 7 p.m. PT/8 p.m. MST on Saturday.
Thursday's and Saturday's games can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman on the call. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. Both games can be watched online at WatchBigSky.com.
• NAU (4-14, 1-4 BSC) topped Portland State on Monday for its first conference win of the season. Mike Green had 26 points in the win over the Vikings to finish the week averaging 18.0 points and 5.0 rebounds per game.
• Jordyn went hard in the paint against Sacramento State grabbing 16 rebounds (one off his career high) and scoring 14 points. He finished the week averaging 12.5 points and 12.5 rebounds per game. He shot 47.1 percent from the field and 75 percent from the charity stripe.
• So far in league play, NAU has three players averaging double digits in scoring. Green (17.4), Martin (13.4) and Marcus DeBerry (12.6).
• NAU is 36-30 all-time versus Eastern Washington and 12-19 in Cheney. The Eagles have won the last three meetings.
• NAU is 19-38 all-time versus Idaho. The series lead goes to Idaho in games played in Cheney, 24-5. NAU won the last meeting, 72-70 in Flagstaff.
Scouting Eastern Washington
• Eastern Washington is 11-7 overall and 3-2 in Big Sky play, after coming off a loss to Weber State, the league leader. Midway through the season, the Eagles won seven straight games, going 8-5 in non-conference play.
• Bogdan Bliznyuk leads Eastern Washington with 18.6 points per game, good enough for sixth in the league. He's pulling down around 5.7 reboundsper game and shooting 45.1 percent from the field.
• Jacob Wiley, a senior, led Eastern Washington to a split last week with a win at Idaho State and a close loss at Weber State. In Thursday's 92-85 win at ISU, Wiley scored a career-high 27 points on 10-of-12 shooting and 7-of-8 from the charity stripe. He also pulled down seven rebounds and dished four assists in the win. In Saturday's 70-67 loss at Weber State, he clipsed his career-high with 36 points on 15-of-20 shooting including 2-of-2 from 3-point territory. He also had nine rebounds and three assists.He is averaging 16.6 points per game overall on 62.1 percent shooting which is good for 15th in the nation and third in the league.
• The Lumberjacks travel to Idaho (7-9, 2-3 BSC) on Saturday for the second game of their road trip. Victor Sanders leads the Vandals with 19.0 points per game to rank fifth in the league.