*NAU's game versus Portland State was rescheduled for Monday, Jan. 16 at 3:30 p.m. at the Walkup Skydome due to bad weather in the northwest.*
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona men's hoops welcomes Portland State and Sacramento State to the Walkup Skydome this week for league play. Thursday's game versus the Vikings is set for a 6:30 p.m. tip, while Saturday's match-up against the Hornets is scheduled for a 12:30 p.m. start.
Thursday's game can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman and Dave Brown on the call. Saturday, Strohman will be joined by NAU Hall of Famer Dan McClintock. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game can be viewed online at WatchBigSky.com. Thursday's game will be aired on FOX Sports Arizona PLUS and FOX College Sports Pacific. Saturday's game can be watched on FOX Sports Arizona and FOX College Sports Pacific.
• Marcus DeBerry came alive at North Dakota knocking down five 3-pointers to tie his career-high of 19 points, then added 17 more points at Northern Colorado.
• Mike Green joined the sharp shooting as he notched a career-high 31 points, including six treys at Northern Colorado.
• NAU is one of three Big Sky teams looking for its first league win this season. The 'Jacks last conference win was on Feb. 18, 2015 in a 72-70 victory over Idaho State at home.
• NAU is 13-7 all-time versus Portland State in Flagstaff. The Lumberjacks have won the last three meetings against the Vikings in the Walkup Skydome.
• NAU is 20-2 all-time against Sacramento State in Flagstaff. The 'Jacks last loss to the Hornets at home was Feb. 26, 2005; 87-86.
Scouting Portland State
• Thursday matches NAU versus a 9-5, 2-1 BSC Portland State squad. The Vikings are coming off an 83-76 win over Sacramento State last week. PSU's other conference win this season was a 99-62 win in its league opener against North Dakota. The Vikings fell to Northern Colorado, 73-59, on Dec. 31 for its lone Big Sky loss.
• The Vikings have won as many as five straight games this season, led by Calaen Robinson. He is averaging 14.8 points and 2.5, starting all 14 games for Portland State. The Vikings have six total players averaging double digits in scoring, as the team is scoring 87.9 points per outing and holding its opponents to an average of 78.2 ppg.
• Against Sacramento State, Traylin Farris led PSU with 19 points, while four other teammates also registered double digits to capture the seven-point win at home. PSU shot 52.8 percent from the field and 78.3 from the charity stripe, as it led by as many as 11 points late in the game.
Head Coach Tyler Geving is 104-121 at the helm of the program and 57-70 in Big Sky games over seven years.
Up Next – Sacramento State
• The Lumberjacks host Sacramento State on Saturday, Jan. 14. The Hornets are 3-11, 0-3 in Big Sky play and have lost four straight games. Sacramento State will play at Southern Utah on Thursday night.
• Justin Strings leads Sacramento State with 15.6 points and 6.4 rebounds per game. He has started 13 of 14 games for the struggling Hornets, who are in search of their first Big Sky win of the season.