FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – The Northern Arizona men's basketball team will hit the road for the first time in Big Sky play, as its slated for a Thursday night matchup against North Dakota. Tip-off at the Betty Englestad Sioux Center is set for 6 p.m. MST/7 p.m. CT.
Thursday's game can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman on the call. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game will be televised live on FOX College Sports Pacific and can be watched online at WatchBigSky.com.
• The Lumberjacks look to snap a two-game losing streak The Lumberjacks managed to control the ball, committing just eight turnovers in the game. NAU's loss makes them one of four Big Sky teams looking for its first league victory of the season.
• NAU and North Dakota faced each other just once last season with the Fighting hawks taking the 101-59 victory back to Grand Forks. NAU is 2-1 all-time in Grand Forks, coming away with a win last time they were at UND with an 85-75 win in 2015.
• The Lumberjacks went 3-15 last season in conference play. NAU went 2-7 at home and 1-8 on the road in league play a year ago.
Scouting North Dakota
• Thursday marks the first trip to Grand Forks for Northern Arizona since 2015. The Lumberjacks haven't lost in Grand Forks since Jan. 25, 2014.
• The Fighting Hawks are coming off a 90-82 overtime win at Sacramento State on Dec. 31. The victory snapped a four-game losing streak. North Dakota opened league play with a 99-62 loss at Portland State on Dec. 29.
• Big Sky Preseason MVP Quinton Hooker has four 20-point scoring games this season, including a season-high 30 points against Mayville State on Nov. 15. He's seventh in the Big Sky in scoring at 17.9 points per game.
• Geno Crandall is averaging 12.6 points and 3.0 rebounds per game, while Conner Avants is averaging 11.0 points and 4.9 rebounds per game.
• Head Coach Brian Jones is in his 11th season at the helm of the Fighting Hawks program.
• The Lumberjacks travel to Northern Colorado (Jan. 7) in the second game of its road trip. The Bears are 6-7, 2-0 Big Sky play, after beating Sacramento State (W, 69-53) and Portland State (W, 73-59) on the road last week.