FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Tuesday marks Northern Arizona's final non-conference game of the season as it travels to Chicago to play UIC. NAU is coming off a two-point win at UTEP on Saturday hoping to close out of conference play on a high note. The Lumberjacks and Flames are set to tip-off at 6 p.m. MST at the UIC Pavilion.
Tuesday's game can be heard in Flagstaff (Hits 106.1 FM), Phoenix (MoneyRadio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM), Prescott Area (97.9 FM Eagle Rocks), Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. (KHAC 880 AM) with Mitch Strohman on the call. Fans can also tune in online at hits106.gcmaz.com. The game can be watched online on ESPN3 by clicking here.
• Senior forward Jordyn Martin is averaging 13.0 points and 9.5 rebounds in NAU's past two games. He's shooting 57.1 percent from the field and has turned the ball over just four times in 63 minutes of play.
• Freshman guard JoJo Anderson has dished out 14 assists, while averaging 10 points per game.
• NAU's 76-74 win over UTEP on Dec. 17 snapped a four-game losing streak. The Lumberjacks topped the Miners for the first time since 1958 to earn its first true non-conference road win since Dec. 16, 2014.
• The Lumberjacks will play UIC for the first time in school history. NAU is 3-9 in non-conference play with one game remaining.
• Dikembe Dixson leads UIC with 20.3 points and 6.0 rebounds per game. Marcus Ottey (11.5 ppg) and Tai Odiase (10.9) round out UIC's top scorers. UIC is averaging 80.6 points per game, while its opponents are averaging 77.9 points per game.
• The Flames are coming off a 81-75 overtime loss to Loyola Chicago at home. UIC is 3-2 at home in the UIC Pavilion this season. NAU is the second Arizona team UIC is playing this season. The Flames fell to Grand Canyon 73-69 on Dec. 10 in Phoenix.
• Head Coach Steve McClain is in his second season with the Flames and has 30-plus years of coaching experience - 10 as a Division I head coach. McClain is 10-31 since arriving at UIC.
The Lumberjacks return to Flagstaff to host Southern Utah on Dec. 31 in its Big Sky opener. Tip-off versus the Thunderbirds is set for 12 p.m.