LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Northern Arizona (1-5) will play Alabama State (0-4) on Friday in the Global Sports Classic at the Thomas and Mack Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. PT/2:30 p.m. MST.
• NAU is coming off a 110-71 loss to UNLV on the road in the preliminary round of the Global Sports Classic. The loss was the second straight for the Lumberjacks.
• Friday will be the second meeting between NAU and Alabama State. NAU won the first meeting 74-46 on Nov. 16, 2010. Alabama State is the only SWAC school on NAU's schedule this season. The last time NAU played a SWAC school was on Nov. 28, 2014. The Lumberjacks won the overtime contest 70-63. NAU is 0-2 so far in the Global Sports Classic.
• Senior guard Jaleni Neely has been the mainstay of the NAU offense through six games. The Chicago native is averaging 12.3 points per game, including a career-high 24 points versus UC Davis on Nov. 13.
Scouting Alabama State
Head Coach Lewis Jackson and Alabama State are in search of their first win of the season. The Hornets have started the season 0-4 with losses to Western Kentucky, TCU, Louisiana Tech, and most recently Kennesaw State (79-72).
• All four games for ASU were road contests. The Hornets are set to play their first-six games of the season on the road.
• Rodney Simeon leads Alabama State with 14.5 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. He's shooting 36.7 percent from the floor and 38.9 percent from the free throw line. He's knocked down 8 of 11 free throws for the Hornets this season. Teammate Tony Armstrong is averaging 11.5 points and 7.0 boards per game. He's shooting 44.4 percent from the field, but 58.3 percent from the charity stripe.
• NAU will play either Cal State Fullerton (2-2) or Jacksonville State (2-3) on Saturday in the final game of the Global Sports Classic. The game will be played at either 11 a.m. PT/12 p.m. MST or 1:30 p.m. PT/2:30 p.m. MST.
Global Sports Classic Schedule
Friday, Nov. 25
Cal State Fullerton vs. Jacksonville State - 11 am PT
Alabama State vs. Northern Arizona - 1:30 pm PT
Washington vs. Western Kentucky - 5 pm PT
TCU vs. UNLV - 7:30 pm PT
Saturday, Nov. 26
Loser of CSF/JSU vs. Loser of ASU/NAU - 11 a.m. PT
Winner of CSF/JSU vs. Winner of ASU/NAU - 1:30 p.m. PT
Loser of UW/WKU vs. Loser of TCU/UNLV - 5 p.m. PT
Winner of UW/WKU vs. Winner of TCU/UNLV - 7:30 p.m. PT