Where: vs. Northern Colorado (15-8, 9-5 Big Sky)
Flagstaff, Ariz. • Walkup Skydome
When: Feb. 20 at 6:30 p.m.
All-Time Series: UNC leads 11-8
Where: vs. North Dakota (11-13, 8-6 Big Sky)
Flagstaff, Ariz. • Walkup Skydome
When: Feb. 22 at 6:30 p.m.
All-Time Series: UND leads 2-1
Radio: KBTK 105.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
Sodexo Lumberjack Radio Network
Play-by-play - Mitch Strohman
Analyst - Dave Brown
Sideline – Kara Hammer
Audio Stream: www.BigTalkerRadio.com
Video Stream: www.NAU-TV.com and www.WatchBigSky.com
Live Stats: www.NAUAthletics.com
TV: (UNC) - Fox College Sports, Fox Sports AZ, Fox College Sports Central
(UND) - Fox College Sports, Fox Sports AZ, Fox College Sports Atlantic
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona (11-14, 8-6 Big Sky) men's basketball welcomes two of the Big Sky's top four teams to the Walkup Skydome this week. The Lumberjacks will host second ranked Northern Colorado (15-8, 9-5 Big Sky) on Thursday, Feb. 20. Tip-off is at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22 will pin the Lumberjacks versus North Dakota (11-13, 8-6 Big Sky). Both teams are currently tied for third place in the league standings.
The first 800 fans to Thursday's game will receive free beards. Saturday will be a BLUE OUT, as the first 1,500 fans to the game will get a free t-shirt.
The Lumberjacks look to rebound this week, after falling to both Northern Colorado and North Dakota in January. Big Sky home teams have held the advantage all season. Northern Arizona is 5-1 at home in league play this season, with its lone loss coming at the hands of conference leader Weber State.
Flashback to January 23 and Northern Colorado came away with a 87-72 victory over the Lumberjacks in Greeley. UNC leads the all-time series 11-8, while NAU is 6-2 versus the Bears in Flagstaff. The Bears are 9-5 in Big Sky play and have sole possession of second place. UNC leads the league in scoring offense in Big Sky games with an average of 77.1 ppg. They also boast the best field goal percentage at 51.6. Derek Barden is the Bears leading scorer at 13.8 ppg.
Flashback to January 25 and North Dakota hit a season-high 13 made three-pointers to steal the 84-64 win at home over NAU. In the two teams only meeting in Flagstaff, North Dakota recorded a 81-79 victory in 2013. Both teams are tied for third place, and are just three games out of first place and one game out of second. UND ranks fifth in league games in scoring offense with 71.6 ppg. Troy Huff ranks second overall in the league in scoring with 19.6 points and fifth in rebounds with 7.6 boards per game.
Live video of the games can be found at www.NAU-TV.com and www.WatchBigSky.com. Don't forget to download the free Watch Big Sky app on your phone. Fans can listen to the game on KBTK 105.1 FM, MoneyRadio 1510 AM and 99.3 FM or online at www.BigTalkerRadio.com.
• The Jacks are tied for third in the Big Sky with North Dakota.
• NAU's win over Portland State on Jan. 18 marked the first time NAU began Big Sky play 5-1 since the 2007-08 season.
• NAU stunned reigning Big Sky Champion Montana on Jan. 2 to hand the Grizzlies their first conference loss in Dahlberg Arena in 31 games. The win was NAU's third straight Big Sky opening win.
• Quinton Upshur leads NAU with 15.7 points per game. Upshur and freshman Kris Yanku are the only two NAU players to cross the 30-point threshold this season.
• Five Lumberjacks have scored 20 or more points in a single game this season.
• The Lumberjacks were picked to finish seventh in the Big Sky Conference by the media and ninth by the league coaches.
Follow us on Twitter @NAUBasketball