Where: vs. Sacramento State (4-7, 0-2 Big Sky)
Flagstaff, Ariz. • Walkup Skydome
When: Jan. 9 at 6:30 p.m.
All-Time Series: NAU leads 32-10
Radio: KBTK 105.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
Sodexo Lumberjack Radio Network
Audio Stream: www.BigTalkerRadio.com
Video Stream: www.NAU-TV.com and www.WatchBigSky.com
Live Stats: www.NAUAthletics.com
TV: FOX Sports AZ
Mitch Strohman – Play-By-Play
Dave Brown – Color Analyst
Kara Hammer - Sideline
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – The Northern Arizona men's basketball team will host Sacramento State on Thursday, Jan. 9. Tip-off at the Walkup Skydome is set for 6:30 p.m.
NAU is currently tied for fifth in the league with a 1-1 conference record. The Lumberjacks opened the season with a win at Montana, but fell to Montana State at the buzzer. NAU will look to rebound at home led by the quarter of Quinton Upshur, Max Jacobsen, Aaseem Dixon and Gaellan Bewernick – all are averaging double figures at home The Lumberjacks are 2-1 at home this season, and are averaging 70.7 points per game in the Skydome.
Breaking Down Sacramento State
Sacramento State is on a two-game losing streak after dropping its first pair of Big Sky games. Junior guard Mikh McKinney leads the Hornets with an average of 13.5 ppg. The Hornets average 63.3 points per game as a team. NAU has won the last two meetings and are 19-2 versus the Hornets in Flagstaff. The last time NAU fell to Sacramento State was on Jan. 28, 2012; 77-43.
• NAU stunned reigning Big Sky Champion Montana on Jan. 2 to hand the Grizzlies their first conference loss in Dahlberg Arena in 31 games.
• Head coach Jack Murphy is in his second season at the helm of the men's basketball team.
• Junior transfer Quinton Upshur leads NAU with an average of 14.1 points per game.
• Jacobsen, Quinton Upshur, Aaseem Dixon and Gaellan Bewernick have all scored 20 or more points in a single game this season.
• The Lumberjacks were picked to finish seventh in the Big Sky Conference by the media and ninth by the league coaches.
Follow us on Twitter @NAUBasketball