Men’s Hoops Opens the Season in the Lone Star State
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Second year Northern Arizona head men's basketball coach Jack Murphy and his team will begin their 2013-14 slate with a pair of games in Texas. The Lumberjacks will first play at UTSA on Saturday, Nov. 9, and then travel to Lubbock to face Texas Tech on Monday, Nov. 11.
Both games can be heard on KBTK 105.1 FM and MoneyRadio 1510 AM and 99.3 FM. Fans can also listen online at www.BigTalkerRadio.com.
• Saturday will be the first meeting between NAU and UTSA.
• Monday marks the 38th meeting between the Lumberjacks and Texas Tech. The two teams last played each other on Dec. 7, 2004; the Red Raiders came away with an 81-65 victory.
• Max Jacobsen is the lone senior on the Lumberjack roster. He finished third on the team a year ago with an average of 9.0 points per game, in addition to pulling down 146 rebounds.
• NAU has a total of 11 newcomers on its roster.
• The Lumberjacks were picked to finish seventh in the Big Sky Conference by the medi and ninth by the league coaches.
• The last time NAU played a team from Texas was in 2012. The Lumberjacks hosted Sam Houston State on Dec. 1, 2013. NAU defeated the Bearkats 77-60.
Follow us on Twitter @NAUBasketball