Northern Arizona (4-4, 3-2 BSC) at Weber State (5-3, 4-1 BSC)
Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016 • 11 a.m. MST
Ogden, Utah • Stewart Stadium
Radio: Flagstaff HITS 106.1 FM; Phoenix Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM; Prescott Area 97.9 FM Eagle Rocks; Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. KHAC 880 AM
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona returns to the field this Saturday on the road at Weber State. The Wildcats welcome the Lumberjacks to Stewart Stadium, as they hold a six-game win streak at home. Kickoff versus Weber State is slated for 11 a.m. MST.
The Opening Drive
• The Lumberjacks look to make it three straight wins over Weber State in enemy territory. NAU last defeated the Wildcats in 2015 with a 29-22 victory. The Wildcats scored 22 points in the first quarter last time out and were silenced the rest of the way. NAU racked up 22 points of its own in the second quarter, and then added seven more in the third quarter to seal the win.
• The Lumberjacks have won their last three Big Sky games. It started with a road victory at Montana State, and continued with home wins versus Idaho State and Montana.
• Both teams are receiving votes in the national FCS weekly polls.
• Head Coach Jerome Souers is one win away from sole possession of the All-Time Big Sky Head Coaches Wins record. He's currently tied for first place with Chris Ault (Nevada) with 111 wins.
• Wide receivers Emmanuel Butler and Elijah Marks continue to be at the top of the conference rankings in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. The junior playmakers have combined for 1,210 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns.
• NAU has had 10 different players record a touchdown this season, led by Emmanuel Butler's eight receptions. Butler has 640 receiving yards, while teammate Elijah Marks has 570 receiving yards and five touchdowns. Running back Joe Logan leads the Lumberjack run game with four rushing touchdowns and 571 yards. Logan leads the league in yards per carry at 8.5.
Scouting Weber State
• Head Coach Jay Hill is in his third season at Weber State. Hill is 13-18 overall and 11-10 in the Big Sky. Prior to Weber State, Hill spent 13 years at the University of Utah.
• Weber State opened the season with losses at Utah State and South Dakota before going on a five-game win streak, including a 4-0 start in Big Sky play. The Wildcats fell to North Dakota last week, 27-19, for their first league loss of the season.
• The last time NAU and Weber State played in Ogden, the Lumberjacks beat the Wildcats 29-22 on Nov. 1, 2014. Weber State leads the all-time series, 26-24. NAU is on a two-game win streak against the Wildcats.
• The Wildcats are 3-0 at home this season and haven't lost a game at home since Oct. 2, 2015. Weber State is on a six-game win streak at Stewart Stadium.
• Weber State is led by quarterback Jadrian Clark, who has completed 172 of 280 passes for 2,017 passing yards and 16 thrown touchdowns. Andrew Vollert has caught 37 passes for 504 receiving yards and four touchdowns. Treshawn Garrett has rushed for 463 yards on 107 attempts for three touchdowns.
• The Wildcats have accumulated 3,132 total yards of offense with the majority of it coming as a result of their passing game with 2,023. Weber State is first in the Big Sky in passing defense (168.5 yards per game). The Wildcats have struggled this season when it comes to field goals, trailing all others in the league with just 4 of 11 attempts made.