Northern Arizona (2-3, 1-2 BSC) vs. Idaho State (2-3, 1-1 BSC)
Saturday, Oct. 15, 2016 • 4 p.m.
Walkup Skydome, Flagstaff, Ariz.
TV: FOX Sports AZ Plus, FOX Sports West
Radio: Flagstaff HITS 106.1 FM; Phoenix Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM; Prescott Area 97.9 FM Eagle Rocks; Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. KHAC 880 AM
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – It's homecoming for the Northern Arizona football team, as it welcomes Idaho State to the Walkup Skydome this Saturday. Kickoff is slated for 4 p.m., as the Lumberjacks look to win their 10th straight game over the Bengals. Fans are encouraged to wear gold, as the first 2,000 fans to arrive will receive a GOLD OUT t-shirt.
• FOX Sports AZ Plus
• FOX Sports West
• NAU GOLD OUT T-Shirt
Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketing.nau.edu
The Opening Drive
• Saturday is the first time since the 2013 season that NAU and Idaho State will play each other.
• The Lumberjacks won that game in 2013, 39-30, in the Walkup Skydome. NAU has won the last nine games and leads the all-time series, 33-17-1.
• Ironically, the last time the two teams matched up against each other it was also NAU's Homecoming. NAU is 6-3-1 all-time versus the Bengals on Homecoming.
• The 'Jacks are 54-34 all-time on Homecoming. NAU has won its last four Homecoming games, including a 52-36 win over Weber State last season.
• NAU's Head Coach Jerome Souers and Idaho State's Head Coach Mike Kramer are the two longest tenured coaches in the Big Sky Conference. Both coaches are in their 19th season.
• Senior defensive end Siupeli Anau was named the ROOT SPORTS Big Sky Defensive Player of the Week. Anau registered 3.0 sacks for a loss of 32 yards, two forced fumbles, and a total of six tackles in the 20-14 road win over Montana State.
• Joe Logan provided a spark against Northern Colorado tallying 98 rushing yards on 11 carries. He kept that spark going at Montana State when he had a career-high 21 carries for 147 rushing yards.
• Wide receivers Emmanuel Butler and Elijah Marks continue to be at the top of the conference rankings in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. The junior playmakers have combined for 1,047 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns.
Scouting Idaho State
• Head Coach Mike Kramer is in his sixth season with the Idaho State Bengals. A long-time coach in the Big Sky, Kramer holds a 63-77 conference mark and 95-119 career record overall. Kramer has made prior stops at Eastern Washington and Montana State, before landing at Idaho State.
• ISU's two wins this season have come against Simon Fraser (W, 47-3) and Sacramento State (W, 42-34). All three of the Bengals' losses this season have been by 25 or more points. ISU is 0-3 on the road this season. The last time the Bengals won a road game was on Oct. 10, 2015 in a 37-31 win at North Dakota.
• NAU leads the all-time series 33-17-1. NAU has won the last nine meetings versus the Bengals. The last time ISU beat NAU was on Nov. 13, 2004 in a 24-17 win in Pocatello. The Bengals last won in Flagstaff on Oct. 20, 1984, grabbing a 29-15 victory.
• ISU finished the 2015 season, 2-9 overall and 1-7 in Big Sky play for an 11th place finish.
• The last time NAU and ISU played in Flagstaff, the Lumberjacks captured a 39-30 win over the Bengals. Running back Zach Bauman ran up the field for 266 yards and two touchdowns.
• The Bengals have had six different players score a touchdown this season, led by running back Jakori Ford's five scores. He leads the team with 329 rushing yards, averaging 65.8 yards per game. Quarterback Tanner Gueller has completed 119 of 191 passes with six interceptions this season. Gueller's primary target has been KW Williams - leading the unit with four receiving touchdowns.