Northern Arizona (1-3, 0-1 BSC) at Northern Colorado (2-1, 0-0 BSC)
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016 • 12 p.m. PT/1 p.m. MT
Nottingham Field, Greeley, Colo.
Radio: Flagstaff HITS 106.1 FM; Phoenix Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM; Prescott Area 97.9 FM Eagle Rocks; Window Rock/Ft. Defiance, Ariz. & Gallup, N.M. KHAC 880 AM
Video Stream: www.WatchBigSky.com
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Northern Arizona (1-3, 0-1 BSC) will hit the road for its first Big Sky away game of the season at Northern Colorado (2-1, 0-0 BSC). The game is slated for a 12 p.m. PT/1 p.m. MT kickoff at Nottingham Field. The game will be aired on Comcast Entertainment Television.
Comcast Entertainment Television (CET - Ch. 900 HD) is a Comcast network available only on XFINITY TV service in the Comcast Colorado cable footprint.
The Opening Drive
• Both teams on Saturday will be looking for their first Big Sky Conference win. NAU is 0-1 in conference play, while it will be Northern Colorado's Big Sky opener.
• NAU is in search of its first road win of the season. The Lumberjacks are 0-2 in away games.
NAU's last road win was on Nov. 7, 2015 in a 52-30 victory Eastern Washington.
• NAU is coming off of a 50-35 loss to Eastern Washington in its Big Sky opener.
• Emmanuel Butler leads the conference in receiving touchdowns and is second in the nation in the category. Elijah Marks is first in the league in receiving yards and all-purpose yards. He ranks second and fourth in the nation in both categories.
• The Lumberjacks have averaged 16.5 points per game on the road this season with the majority of its offense coming from passing the ball. NAU has thrown four touchdowns on the road this season, which includes 669 passing yards.
• Linebacker Jake Thomas and safety Keith Graham have been NAU's top-two tacklers all season. Thomas has 28 tackles, in addition to a three-yard touchdown he scored when he lined up at the fullback position last weekend. Graham has 26 tackles, getting his stops on defense and on special teams.
Scouting Northern Colorado
• Head Coach Earnest Collins is in his sixth season with Northern Colorado. He has accumulated a 17-42 record with the Bears, and a 25-54 overall mark in eight seasons.
• Northern Colorado opened the season with wins over Rocky Mountain College and Abilene Christian to earn a 2-0 start to the year. The Bears first loss of the season came against Colorado State, dropping a 47-21 decision on the road.
• Through three games, the Bears have been led by quarterback Kyle Sloter. The senior has completed 47 of 63 passes with three interceptions. He's thrown for 735 yards and eight passing touchdowns.
• Stephen Miller and Alex Wesley lead the Bears in receiving yards with 281 and 180, respectively. The duo has combined for five touchdown receptions.
• The Bears have tallied 650 rushing yards this season with the majority of its net gain coming from Trae Riek. He has two 100-yard rushing games this season - 141 and 102. Riek has scored one rushing touchdown in each outing this season.
• UNCO finished Big Sky play last season in a three-way tie for eighth place with a 3-5 record.
• The last time NAU and UNCO played in Greeley, the Bears captured a 24-17 win over the Lumberjacks. NAU had thrown three interceptions and lost a pair of fumbles to hinder its offensive effort on the road two years ago.