Northern Arizona's Case Cookus and Emmanuel Butler combined for one of the best seasons by a quarterback-wide receiver duo in 2015. Both players were named to the All-Big Sky First Team, while Cookus went on to earn the STATS FCS Freshman of the Year award, and finished fifth in voting for national offensive player of the year. Cookus broke an 11-year-old NCAA FCS freshman record for most touchdown passes in a season with 37, which also set a new school single season record. Butler became the NAU single season receiving yards leader with 1,208 and tied the school record for single season touchdown receptions with 15. The list goes on and on for these two players, but let's take some time out to get to know them off the field.
Case Cookus - Quarterback
- Which superhero do you think best describes Emmanuel? Superman
- If Emmanuel had his own TV show, what would it be called? The Emmanuel Show
- When Emmanuel misses a nicely thrown ball, does he usually apologize or do you say it's your fault? I apologize, but then he apologizes too. So, we both take the fault.
- Of all the famous pairs, which one would you call yourselves? Peanut butter and jelly, chips and salsa, or mashed potatoes and gravy? I'd say mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Based on style of play, personality and skill set, are you and Emmanuel more like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, Kurt Warner and Isaac Bruce, or Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin? I'm going to go with Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.
Emmanuel Butler – Wide Receiver
- Which superhero do you think best describes Case? Superman
- If Case had his own TV show, what would it be called? That 70's Show
- When Case throws a ball just out of your reach, does he usually apologize or do you say it's your fault? (Ironically, he gave the same answer as Case)
- Of all the famous pairs, which one would you call yourselves? Macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, or hamburgers and fries? Let's go with spaghetti and meatballs.
- Based on style of play, personality and skill set, are you and Case more like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, Kurt Warner and Isaac Bruce, or Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin? Ooo. Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin.