Game 8 Information
Opponent: Northern Colorado
Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015 • 2 p.m.
Location: Flagstaff, Ariz. (Walkup Skydome)
Radio: HITS 106.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
Northern AZ Healthcare Lumberjack Radio Network
Play-by-play – Mitch Strohman
Analyst – Kevin Stephens
Sideline – Reggie Eccleston
Audio Stream: http://gcmaz.com/nau-lumberjacks-football/
TV: FOX Sports AZ
Live Video: www.WatchBigSky.com and www.NAU-TV.com
On The Web: Live in-game statistics and other coverage can be found at www.NAUAthletics.com
Head Coaches: NAU: Jerome Souers (Career: 104-96 in 18 seasons; At NAU: same)
UNC: Ernest Collins (Career: 21-51 in three seasons; At UNC: 13-39)
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Saturday marks the second straight week for Northern Arizona (4-3, 2-2 BSC) football at home in the Walkup Skydome. The Lumberjacks will host Northern Colorado (4-3, 2-3 BSC) at 2 p.m. Arrive early for pre-game trick or treating and wear your Halloween costume for a discounted $10 ticket.
The game will be televised live on FOX Sports AZ. Mitch Strohman will do the play-by-play, while Kevin Stephens will do color and Reggie Eccleston will be on the sideline.
The Lumberjacks racked up a season-high 52 points in the win over Weber State in the last outing. NAU was able to record two interceptions in the last game, bringing its season total to five. Riding an undefeated home streak this season, NAU is midway through conference play going 2-2 in the first four games. Leading the offensive efforts are the trio of quarterback Case Cookus, wide receiver Emmanuel Butler, and running back Casey Jahn. Cookus has thrown 1,767 yards, Butler has 738 receiving yards, while Jahn has 705 rushing yards. On the defensive side of things, the Lumberjacks have three players that have tallied an interception with Eddie Horn leading the tackling numbers with 52.
Head coach Ernest Collins is 13-39 at the helm of the program in his fifth year. UNC is coming to Flagstaff after a heartbreaking loss to Eastern Washington at home. Prior to last Saturday, the Bears had beaten Sacramento State and UC Davis on the road. Offensively, 14 of UNC's 24 touchdowns have come from running the ball in. Quarterback Jacob Knipp has completed 90 of 152 passes for 1,130 yards and eight thrown touchdowns. Taylor Risner leads the UNC defense with 71 tackles and five pass breakups. Five different players have registered an interception for the Bears. Mikhail Dubose has a team high 4.0 sacks and 9.0 tackles for loss totaling 27 yards. The Bears lead the FCS in kickoff and punt returns. Ellis Onic ranks first in the nation in punt returns and punt return touchdowns.
• Saturday marks the 10th straight year Northern Arizona and Northern Colorado will play each other.
• NAU leads the all-time series 12-3.
• UNC won the last meeting, 24-17, snapping a nine game losing streak to NAU. It was the first win for the Bears over the Lumberjacks since 1978.
• NAU was picked to finish fifth/sixth in the Big Sky Preseason Polls.
• UNC was picked to finish last in both the Big Sky media and coaches preseason polls.
Did you know?
• Ryan Hawkins ranks first in the nation in field goal percentage and second in punting.
• Case Cookus ranks first in the nation in passing efficiency and third in yards per pass attempt. He has also been named to the CFPA Midseason Player of the Year Watch List.
• Emmanuel Butler ranks fifth in the FCS in receiving touchdowns, sixth in receiving yards, seventh in yards per reception, and ninth in receiving yards per game