Game 7 Information
Opponent: Weber State
Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 24, 2015 • 4 p.m.
Location: Flagstaff, Ariz. (Walkup Skydome)
Radio: HITS 106.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
97.9 FM Eagle Rocks
Northern AZ Healthcare Lumberjack Radio Network
Play-by-play – Mitch Strohman
Analyst – Kevin Stephens
Sideline – Reggie Eccleston
Audio Stream: http://gcmaz.com/nau-lumberjacks-football/
TV: FOX Sports Arizona Plus
Live Video: www.WatchBigSky.com and www.NAU-TV.com
On The Web: Live in-game statistics and other coverage can be found at www.NAUAthletics.com
Head Coaches: NAU: Jerome Souers (Career: 103-96 in 18 seasons; At NAU: same)
WSU: Jay Hill (Career: 6-13 in two seasons; At WSU: same)
Against WSU: 51st Meeting; WSU leads the all-time series 26-24
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – It's a GOLD OUT this Saturday, as Northern Arizona hosts Weber State for Homecoming. Kickoff at the Walkup Skydome is slated for 4 p.m. The first 2,500 fans will receive a free GOLD OUT t-shirt.
You can turn you radio stations to HITS 106.1 FM, KNOT 100.9 FM & 1450 AM, and www.gcmaz.com. Fans in the Phoenix area can tune into Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM. Mitch Strohman will be providing play-by-play and Kevin Stephens will be doing color commentary. Reggie Eccleston will be on the sideline for coverage. Live stats are available at www.NAUAthletics.com and a live video stream of the game can be found at www.WatchBigSky.com and www.NAU-TV.com. The game will be televised on FOX Sports AZ Plus.
After a bye week, the Lumberjacks are ready for a showdown with the Wildcats this weekend. NAU has won its last three Homecoming games, and is 53-34-2 overall in this contest. The Lumberjacks post a 3-3 overall mark and 1-2 record in Big Sky play. Two of NAU's wins have been at home, as it is in search of its second league win of the season. Leading the offensive charge is senior running back Casey Jahn and sophomore wide receiver Emmanuel Butler. Both players registered 100-plus yards in the last outing. The man controlling the ball is freshman Case Cookus, a CFPA Midseason Player of the Year Watch List candidate. Cookus has thrown 15 touchdowns and has rushed for another, as he guides the NAU offense.
Weber State is coming to Flagstaff after a one-point win over North Dakota at home. Having defeated top 25 Montana the week before, the Wildcats enter Saturday with a 4-3 overall record and 3-1 conference mark. Quarterback Jadrian Clark has completed 96 of 192 passes and has thrown seven touchdowns. Linebacker Emmett Tela forced and recovered two turnovers during a five minute stretch in the fourth quarter of WSU's 25-24 win against UND to earn Big Sky Defensive Player of the Week honors. Head coach Jay Hill is 6-13 at the helm of the program in his second year.
• Saturday marks the first time NAU will host Weber State in the Walkup Skydome since 2010.
• NAU won the last meeting, 29-22, in 2014 in Ogden.
• NAU and WSU have split the last 10 meetings at five wins apiece.
• The last time NAU beat WSU at home was in 2006 in a 42-17 victory.
• NAU was picked to finish fifth/sixth in the Big Sky Preseason Polls.
• WSU was picked to finish 10th/11th in the Big Sky by the media and coaches.
• NAU is 53-34-2 all-time on Homecoming.
Did you know?
• Ryan Hawkins ranks first in the nation in field goal percentage.
• Case Cookus ranks first in the nation in yards per pass attempt and passing efficiency. Cookus has been named to the CFPA Midseason Player of the Year Watch List.
• Emmanuel Butler ranks second in the FCS in receiving touchdowns and receiving yards, fourth in receiving yards per game, fifth in yards per reception, and 12th in scoring.