Game 6 Information
Opponent: UC Davis
Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015 • 4 p.m. MST
Location: Davis, Calif. (Aggie Stadium)
Radio: HITS 106.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
KNOT 100.9 FM & 1450 AM
Northern AZ Healthcare Lumberjack Radio Network
Play-by-play – Mitch Strohman
Analyst – Kevin Stephens
Sideline – Matt Howdeshell
Audio Stream: http://gcmaz.com/nau-lumberjacks-football/
Live Video: www.WatchBigSky.com
On The Web: Live in-game statistics and other coverage can be found at www.NAUAthletics.com
Head Coaches: NAU: Jerome Souers (Career: 103-95 in 18 seasons; At NAU: same)
UCD: Ron Gould (Career: 7-21 in three seasons; At UCD: same)
Against UCD: Fourth Meeting; NAU leads the all-time series 0-3
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona (3-2, 1-1 BSC) and UC Davis (0-5, 0-2 BSC) match up for the fourth straight season this Saturday in David, Calif. Kickoff at Aggie Stadium is slated for 4 p.m.
You can turn you radio stations to HITS 106.1 FM, KNOT 100.9 FM & 1450 AM, and www.gcmaz.com. Fans in the Phoenix area can tune into Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM. Mitch Strohman will be providing play-by-play and Kevin Stephens will be doing color commentary. Matt Howdeshell will be on the sideline for coverage. Live stats are available at www.NAUAthletics.com and a live video stream of the game can be found at www.WatchBigSky.com. The game will not be televised.
NAU picked up its 10th straight Family Weekend win with a 49-41 victory over then-No. 11 Montana State. The victory tied head coach Jerome Souers for the most Big Sky wins in conference history at 68. The Lumberjacks have been receiving votes in both the STATS LLC and FCS Coaches' Poll, and are just shy of cracking the Top 25 once again. Leading the NAU offense in scoring is freshman quarterback Case Cookus, who ranks second in the nation in yards per pass attempt (11.38), second in passing efficiency (199.1), and third in passing yards per completion (16.65). His biggest throwing target is Emmanuel Butler. The sophomore wide receiver ranks second in the FCS in receiving touchdowns (8), fourth in receiving yards (587), fifth in yards per reception (25.52), eighth in receiving yards per game (117.4), and ninth in scoring (9.6). On defense, senior cornerback Marcus Alford is a top five pass defender in the nation and has a pair of interceptions on his resume this season. NAU is averaging 30.2 points per game as it looks to capture is first conference road win of the season.
Head Coach Ron Gould and the UC Davis Aggies are in search of their first win of the season to win the program's 500th victory. The Aggies are 0-5 to start the season, with a pair of league losses to North Dakota and Montana. UCD hasn't won at home since Sept. 6, 2014 in a 52-17 win over Fort Lewis. The Aggies last Big Sky win was Nov. 15, 2014 when it topped Cal Poly on the road, 48-35. Quarterback Ben Scott has completed 120 of 188 passes, and has thrown 10 touchdowns on the season. UCD is 11th in scoring offense and ninth in scoring defense, allowing an average of 35.0 points per game.
• NAU has never lost to UC Davis.
• Last time out, the Lumberjacks won 23-12 in Flagstaff.
• NAU Head Coach Jerome Souers is one win away from breaking the Big Sky career conference wins record. He tied the record of 68 against Montana State on Oct. 3.
• Coincidentally, Souers earned his 100th career win versus UC Davis on Nov. 8, 2014 at home.
Did you know?
• NAU is sixth in the FCS in passing yards per completion (16.14), third in net punting (41.4), eighth in completion percentage (66.9), and 23rd in passing offense at 268.0 yards per game.
• NAU is third in the Big Sky in scoring offense at 30.2 points per game.
• You can download the new NAU Athletics mobile app on Google Play and the Apple Store. Search: "Lumberjack Front Row." Receive breaking news, scores and alerts by signing up for notifications.