Game 5 Information
Opponent: No. 11 Montana State
Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 3, 2015 • 4 p.m.
Location: Flagstaff, Ariz. (Walkup Skydome)
Radio: HITS 106.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
KNOT 100.9 FM & 1450 AM
Northern AZ Healthcare Lumberjack Radio Network
Play-by-play – Mitch Strohman
Analyst – Kevin Stephens
Sideline – Reggie Eccleston/Kara Hammer
Audio Stream: http://gcmaz.com/nau-lumberjacks-football/
TV: Cowles Media Montana/Fox Sports AZ Plus/NAU-TV
On The Web: Live in-game statistics and other coverage can be found at www.NAUAthletics.com
Head Coaches: NAU: Jerome Souers (Career: 102-95 in 18 seasons; At NAU: same)
MSU: Rob Ash (Career: 243-132 in 35 seasons; At MSU: 67-33)
Against MSU: 48th Meeting; NAU leads the all-time series 25-22
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona (2-2, 0-1 BSC) welcomes its first Big Sky opponent of the season in Montana State to the Walkup Skydome this Saturday. Kickoff for Family Weekend is slated for 4 p.m. The 11th ranked Bobcats (2-1, 1-0 BSC) have not played in Flagstaff since 2010. The first 3,000 fans get an NAU pom pom at the door.
Saturday's game will be televised on Cowles Media Montana, Fox Sports AZ Plus, and NAU-TV. You can also tune in to HITS 106.1 FM, KNOT 100.9 FM & 1450 AM, and www.gcmaz.com. Fans in the Phoenix area can tune into Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM. Mitch Strohman will be providing play-by-play and Kevin Stephens will be doing color commentary. Reggie Eccleston and Kara Hammer will be on the sideline for coverage. Live stats are available at www.NAUAthletics.com.
NAU looks to rebound from its loss at Montana last weekend. The Lumberjacks failed to score in the first half for the first time this season, but rebounded in the second half with a pair of touchdowns. Carrying the scoring load is sophomore wide receiver Emmanuel Butler with seven touchdowns. Freshman Case Cookus leads the nation in yards per pass attempt (11.75), while guiding NAU at the quarterback position. He's tallied 905 passing yards on the season averaging 226.2 yards per game. Senior cornerback Marcus Alford has registered a pair of interceptions for the defense, in addition to 21 tackles and five pass breakups.
Head Coach Rob Ash is in his ninth season with Montana State. Ash is 67-33 overall and 47-18 in Big Sky play while with the Bobcats. MSU will compete in the Walkup Skydome on Saturday for the first time since 2010. Ranked 11th in the nation, MSU and quarterback Dakota Prukop, the reigning Big Sky Offensive Player of the Week, enter the Skydome having won six out of the last 10 meetings, including the last two meetings. The Bobcats have the league's top scoring offense, with 46.7 ppg. Linebacker Mac Bignell is tied for eighth in the league in tackles with 28 at an average of 9.3 per game.
• NAU and Montana State did not face each other last season. The last time the two teams played in Flagstaff, NAU won 34-7 in 2010.
• The last time MSU beat NAU in Flagstaff was Nov. 8, 2008 when the Bobcats came away with the 25-23 win.
• MSU is the fourth ranked opponent NAU has faced this season.
Did you know?
• NAU running backs coach Jimmy Beal competed at Montana State.
• NAU is sixth in the FCS in passing yards per completion and 22nd in passing offense at 271.5 yards per game.
• NAU ranks second in the league in pass efficiency (178.7), while MSU is third (175.1).
• When it comes to kicking, MSU's Luke Daly has made all 17 PATs, while NAU's Ryan Hawkins is right behind him with a perfect 12.
• You can download the new NAU Athletics mobile app on Google Play and the Apple Store. Search: "Lumberjack Front Row." Receive breaking news, scores and alerts by signing up for notifications.