Game 3 Information
Opponent: No. 19/20 Arizona
Date/Time: Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015 • 8 p.m. MST
Location: Tucson, Ariz. (Arizona Stadium)
Radio: HITS 106.1 FM
Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM
KNOT 100.9 FM & 1450 AM
Northern AZ Healthcare Lumberjack Radio Network
Play-by-play - Mitch Strohman
Analyst - Kevin Stephens
Audio Stream: http://gcmaz.com/nau-lumberjacks-football/
TV: Pac-12 Network
On The Web: Live in-game statistics and other coverage can be found at www.NAUAthletics.com
Head Coaches: NAU: Jerome Souers (Career: 102-93 in 17 seasons; At NAU: same)
UA: Rich Rodriguez (Career: 28-14 in four seasons; At UA: 148-98-2)
Against NMHU: 14th Meeting; UA leads the all-time series 12-1
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – No. 24 Northern Arizona (2-0) travels to the No. 19/20 University of Arizona on Saturday. Kick-off at Arizona Stadium is set for 8 p.m. MST. The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Network.
Saturday's game will be broadcast live on HITS 106.1 FM, KNOT 100.9 FM & 1450 AM, and www.gcmaz.com. Fans in the Phoenix area can tune into Money Radio 1510 AM & 99.3 FM. Mitch Strohman will be providing play-by-play and Kevin Stephens will be doing color commentary. Live stats are available at www.NAUAthletics.com. Please check your local listings for channel information for the Pac-12 Network.
The Lumberjacks crack the FCS Top 25 for the first time this season after defeating New Mexico Highlands 41-5 at home. NAU was voted 24th in both the STATS Top 25 poll and the FCS Coaches' poll. NAU's matchup at UA gives NAU its third ranked opponent in three weeks. If Montana and Montana State continue to be ranked in the Top 25, NAU has the potential to play four ranked opponents in its first five games. Leading the NAU offense is freshman quarterback Case Cookus. He has started the season completing 30 of 42 passes for 528 yards and five touchdowns. He's averaging 264.0 passing yards per game at a completion rate of 71.4 percent. Cookus' top target is Emmanuel Butler, who has a team-high four touchdowns and 270 receiving yards. Josh Bamrick is NAU's top tackler with 15, in addition to a sack on his resume.
Wildcat Head Coach Andy Rodriguez is in his fourth season at the helm of the Arizona program. UA has outscored its opponents 86 to 52 in its first-two games. The Wildcats have allowed just 19 points total in the second half this season. UA's hottest quarter is the first, scoring 14 points in both its games. The Wildcats are edging their opponents in total offense, 962 to 852. Quarterback Anu Solomon has completed 46 of 69 pass for 493 yards and six touchdowns. Cayleb Jones has caught nine passes for a team-best 152 yards. Nick Wilson is the team's leading rushing with 291 yards and a team-high three touchdowns. DaVonte' Neal and Will Parks lead UA in tackles with 16 apiece. UA was picked to finish fourth in the Pac-12 South Division.
• UA won the last meeting, 35-0, in 2013 in Tucson.
• The Wildcats have won the last 11 meetings over NAU.
• The Lumberjacks have never beaten the Wildcats in Tucson.
• NAU last beat an FBS team in 2012 (W, 17-14 at UNLV)
Did you know?
• Greyshirt quarterback Case Cookus was the first freshman to start in the season opener since Travis Brown started for the 'Jacks on Aug. 29, 1996 versus Western New Mexico. NAU won that game 75-0. Cookus finished his debut 13 for 18 with a pair of thrown touchdowns to Emmanuel Butler and an 11-yard rushing touchdown. His accuracy of 72.2 percent helped him finish with 267 passing yards.
• You can download the new NAU Athletics mobile app on Google Play and the Apple Store. Search: "Lumberjack Front Row." Receive breaking news, scores and alerts by signing up for notifications.