Lumberjack Football Set for Matchup at Cal Poly
Game 8 Information
Opponent: Cal Poly
Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013/6:05 p.m. PST
Location: San Luis Obispo, Calif. (Alex G. Spanos Stadium)
Radio: KBTK 105.1 FM
Sodexo Lumberjack Radio Network
Play-by-play - Mitch Strohman
Analyst - Kevin Stephens
Audio Stream www.BigTalkerRadio.com
Video Stream: www.WatchBigSky.com
On The Web: Stats www.calpolymustangs.com
Head Coaches: NAU: Jerome Souers (Career: 89-87 in 16 seasons; At NAU: same)
CP: Tim Walsh (Career: 144-105 in 23 seasons; At CP: 30-23 in five seasons)
Against Cal Poly: Ninth Meeting
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – No. 16/19 Northern
Arizona Lumberjacks head to Cal Poly for a matchup against the Mustangs on Saturday, Oct. 26. Kickoff at Alex G. Spanos Stadium is set for 6:05 p.m.
The Lumberjacks are ranked No. 16 in The Sports Network media poll and No. 19 in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision coaches poll, both of which were released on Monday.
Saturday's game will be broadcast live on KBTK 105.1 FM and www.BigTalkerRadio.com. Mitch Strohman will be providing play-by-play and Kevin Stephens will be doing color commentary. Live stats are available on www.calpolymustangs.com. Fans can watch online at www.WatchBigSky.com.
NAU looks to win its second straight away game after a 39-38 defeat over Sacramento State last time on the road. The Lumberjacks are 2-0 when playing in California this season. NAU is 5-2 overall and 3-1 in Big Sky play as it gets set for its third conference away game.
The Mustangs have won their lone home conference game of the season with a 47-0 rout of Weber State on Oct. 12. Cal Poly is 3-4 and 2-1 in league play.
Northern Arizona and Cal Poly will compete for the ninth time in school history.
Lumberjacks in the Polls
With a 39-30 win over Idaho State at home, Northern Arizona jumped a few spots in the national polls that were released on Monday. The Lumberjacks are ranked 16th in The Sports Network Poll and 19th in the FCS Coaches Poll. The College Sports Madness Poll has the Lumberjacks ranked 15th.
• Saturday's game will be the ninth meeting between the two teams.
• NAU is tied for third in the league standings with a 3-1 conference mark.
• Cal Poly is seventh in the Big Sky with a 2-1 conference record.
• The Lumberjacks are 2-2 on the road this season with wins at UC Davis and Sacramento State.
• Zach Bauman leads the league in rushing yards at 126.3 per game. Cal Poly's Kristaan Ivory is second at 115.0 yards per game.
• Zach Bauman earned four weekly honors for his stellar performance last weekend, including Big Sky Offensive Player of the Week and The Sports Network FCS National Co-Offensive Player of the Week.
• Cal Poly ranks first in the Big Sky in rushing offense with an average of 287.3 yards per game.
Did you know?
Zach Bauman is 116 yards shy of becoming the ninth player in Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) history to rush for 1,000 yards four times.
• NAU leads the Big Sky with four pick-sixes.