• Matt Howdeshell was hired as the Assistant Athletics Director for Operations in July 2016. He previously spent five years as the director of football operations for the Lumberjacks.
• Works closely with senior athletics administration in organizing and promoting the NAU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Interacts and communicates with a variety of NAU Athletics constituents, including faculty, staff, students, donors, alumni, etc.
• Conducts research for a variety of initiatives and strategic plan
• As the director of operations he was in charge of the internal and external administration of the football program daily, while overseeing the program’s budget and coordinating and planning all phases of team travel.
• His job duties also included serving as a liaison for the football program to all support groups, the athletic administration and various groups across campus.
• Previously served as the video coordinator for the athletic department in the spring of 2011. While serving as the video coordinator, he was responsible for coordinating filming and editing of football practices while also overseeing the filming of home games for multiple NAU athletic teams.
• Prior to NAU, he was the video coordinator and assistant to the director of football operations at Missouri State University. While serving as the video coordinator at Missouri State he was responsible for handling the day-to-day operations of the video staff, hiring and training student workers, organizing and maintaining the video server, entering self and opponent scout information, and providing 24-hour computer technical support to the coaching staff. He was also responsible for assisting the coaches with operations duties in budgeting, and team travel. He started as a student assistant with the Missouri State program in 2006.
• A member of the American Football Coaches Association and serves as the Big Sky Conference representative for the Director of Football Operations Committee.
• Earned a bachelor’s degree from Missouri State in history education in 2010, and then received his master’s degree from Northern Arizona in educational leadership in 2013.
• Howdeshell married the former Hiliary Smith in July of 2015.
Matt Howdeshell, Director of Football Operations
Born: April 8, 1988
College: Missouri State University, 2010
||Missouri State University, Student Assistant|
|2008-10||Missouri State University, Video Coordinator & Assistant to the Director of Football Operations|
|2011||Northern Arizona University, Video Coordinator|
|2011 - Pres.||Northern Arizona University, Director of Football Operations|